49 People Suffer Carbon Monoxide Poisoning At Utah Church


49 attendees of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Utah were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning, church officials said. The Mormon church, which is situated in Monroe, 174 miles south of Salt Lake City, said 49 of the 54 in attendance were treated. Those affected reported symptoms of breathlessness and headaches, while 22 were hospitalized, per the Sevier County Sheriff’s Office. The local fire department discovered high levels of the poisonous gas, which the church blamed on a malfunction with its heating system. A church statement said, “we are concerned for the well-being of everyone impacted and are praying for their recovery.” It added that the church is “working to support medical and other expenses” for those affected.


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *